Monday 6 February 2012

It's about what does and doesn't go in the body...

Someone asked me once, 'How do you find the energy to do all you do?' and I think it's because of the things I put into my body and the things that I don't...  I'm a part-time mum... I write and sing songs... maintain a website I created... run a live podcast every Tuesday night... manage an online crowd of friends, followers, supporters and encouragers everyday... It's a slapdash, crazy, creative, wonderful sort of life.

On the days that I have one or both of our children, I have bread and cheese and milk and all sorts of kid friendly stuff...but when they go back to their dad's house... I send their un-eaten treats with them and re-stock my favourites and I basically live on the stuff in this photo.. save a light meal or two a day. I don't like to get over-filled with food... it's for energy and enjoyment... I no longer eat when I'm bored... upset or unhappy about something... I do other things when I'm emotionally hungry.

On the other hand, I don't drink alcohol or smoke or take any sort of drugs... I never put those sort of things in my body and rarely drink coffee... I prefer herbal tea with a bit of honey. Oh, and I love naps.

So anyway, I'm off to the Blues Kitchen in London tonight. If you're in London tonight... and happen to be free... come round to the Blues Kitchen and say 'Hi'... if not, then I'll let you know how it all panned out when I get home. But it's really the things in MY kitchen that give me the energy to keep going... singing...writing...gigging...mumming... *laughing. xxRhonda
xxRhonda

No comments:

Post a Comment